Visitor Visa For Tourism
Each year Canada welcomes around 35 million tourists from all around the world. Also, referred to as the Temporary Resident Visa or TRV, the Visitor Tourist Visa is a special document that the IRCC offers to authorize your entry in Canada as a tourist for a limited time.
With a Visitor Tourist Visa, you can stay for a maximum period of 6 months in Canada. However, the actual period of time that is offered to you depends on the discretion of the visa officer solely. Once a period has been assigned, the end date for the duration of your stay is mentioned on your passport. Also, in some cases, the visa officer may provide you with a visitor record to keep you updated about the duration of your stay.
Canada Visitor Visa
What are the eligibility requirements for getting a Visitor Tourist Visa for Canada?
There are certain requirements that you need to fulfill in order to get a visitor tourist visa of Canada and they are:
- Firstly, you must have a valid passport issued by the authorities of your home country.
- You should also be able to provide proof of assets to convince the visa officer that you can find your stay in Canada.
- You must also offer a valid reason to visit Canada to show that you will leave the country at the end of the duration of your visit.
- It is also required to have strong family and monetary ties in your home country which will further ascertain your return to your home country.
- The applicant must not have any criminal charges against them. Also, they should not have any previous record of problems with Immigration Canada.
- Lastly, you must be medically fit and be of sound physical and mental health.
How to apply for Visitor Tourist Visa in Canada?
There are mainly three main steps to apply for the Visitor Tourist Visa in Canada.
- Gather all the documents that are required to apply for the Tourist Visa
- Check your eligibility for the visitor tourist visa.
- Apply online on the IRCC website for the visa.
It may take between 1 month to 3 montus to have your visa approved. Once the visa is approved, you can travel to Canada and explore its immense beauty as a tourist.
How Long Can a Visitor Stay in Canada?
As per the standard rule, almost all visitors are allowed a max of six months stay; if you want to stay more than the authorized stay period, you should apply for an extension at least 30 days before the authorized end of your stay.
Types of Visitor Visas
- Temporary Resident
- Visit / Tourism