OINP – Employer Requirement
Ontario Immigration Nominee Program
Ontario is the economic capital of Canada. The Ontario Immigration Nominee Program has several employer-driven immigration programs that open up opportunities for employers in Ontario to employ foreign workers. Through the OINP, employers hire foreign individuals in order to fill the gaps in the Labour Market.
The main objective of this program is to target skilled workers, investors as well as workers specific to different sectors where labor shortage is absolute. There are certain eligibility requirements the employer must fulfill in order to qualify.
Employer Requirements For OINP
OINP Employer Eligibility Requirement
In order to be eligible to hire foreign workers for working in Canada, the employer or business needs to fulfill:-
- The business should hold a status of being an active business for at least three years, before submitting the application.
- The employer or business must have a branch in Ontario.
- Must not have any orders against the organization or business listed under the Ontario Employment Standards Act, 2000, or the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- The job offer in question must be of a full-time permanent position.
- Must appoint for a position that has an urgent requirement
- The wages of the employee must be more than the wage level offered for that specific position
Min Revenue Requirements for OINP Employers
Employers must also adhere to the revenue requirements in addition to the general requirements. This revenue requirement must be fulfilled in the current fiscal year
- The business or organization must have earned a total minimum revenue of $1,000,000 if the branch is located in the Greater Toronto area.
- In case the location of the business is outside the Greater Toronto area, there is a minimum revenue requirement of $500,000 in total.
Unit 204A, 10190 152A Street, Surrey BC, Canada V3R 1J7