Federal Skilled Trade
Another Express Entry program opens up the doors of migration for a foreign skilled tradesperson to Canada. A foreign national having relevant work experience, one can choose to immigrate to Canada and earn Permanent Residency status. As the Federal Skilled Trades is a part of the Express Entry system, selection of candidates is done through the Comprehensive Ranking System. Candidates are selected from the Express Entry pool who deem fit to add to the Canadian economy.
Individuals who are qualified in a skilled trade and have the intention to become Permanent Residents of Canada fall under the Federal skilled trades class. However, candidates must reside outside the Quebec province.
Full-time work experience of a minimum of two years within the last five years in any skilled trade is mandatory to meet the eligibility requirements of the FST program. It is also important candidates submit valid certification that allows working or practicing of the trade-in their country of residence.
A Canadian Employment connection also needs to be produced that has a valid full-time employment offer of employment for at least the next 12 months.
Candidates can even submit a certificate of qualification of their respective skilled trade as a Canada Employment Connection. The certificate has to be issued by a Canadian provincial or territorial authority.
Procedure of FSTC Application
Once all the eligibility criteria and requirements are met, candidates are required to create and submit an Express Entry profile on the IRCC website. Along with successful submission of the profile, candidates also need to score at least the minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score.
- Candidates will be considered for Express Entry draws for Invitations to Apply (ITA)
- Language Proficiency Test Results not more than two years have to be submitted in the Express Entry profile. Applicants need to score a minimum of level 4 in the English or French language test.
- Information Identification documents such as passports have to be submitted while creating the Express Entry Profile.
List of Jobs for the Federal Skilled Trades Program under NOC
- Major Group 72: industrial, electrical, and construction trades.
- Major Group 73: maintenance and equipment operation trades.
- Major Group 82: supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture, and related production.
- Major Group 92: processing, manufacturing, and utility supervisors and central control operators.
- Minor Group 632: chefs and cooks.
- Minor Group 633: butchers and bakers.
Education Requirements for FSTC
Federal Skilled Trades programs have a clear advantage over the Federal Skilled Worker program as candidates do not need to provide any proof of education level. No educational documents are required.
- Points for education can be claimed in the CRS if the candidate can provide an Educational Credentials Assessment report. This report validates the value of foreign education equivalent to Canadian standards.
- Designated organizations authorized to issue Educational Credential Reports are World Education Services, International Credential Assessment Service of Canada, Comparative Education Service, International Qualifications Assessment Service, and Internal Credential Evaluation Service.
- No ECA reports are required if the candidate has educational credentials from a Canadian Educational institution.
Language Requirements for Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Applicants must meet the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of at least level 5 in Listening and Speaking and level 4 in Reading and Writing.
- Language test results must not be more than two years old at the time of application.
- Language proficiency tests can be taken in one of Canada’s two official languages: English and French and must be from a designated institution approved by IRCC.
Your one trusted partner for immigration.
Immiquest guarantees 100% support and 24*7 assistance with your immigration-related queries.
We accompany you from the beginning of the journey to the end for assuring seamless execution of your process.
No Hidden Charges applied.
Canada Express Entry Programs
British Columbia, Canada