Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)
The Federal Skilled Worker Program was launched back in 1967 to for providing a chance to immigrants to work in a safe environment. Currently, it is one of the three skilled worker programs under Canada’s Express Entry system.
The selection of skilled workers depends largely on education, work experience, language proficiency, and a few other factors. Through the FSW program, candidates are given Permanent Residency status in Canada.
With the FSWP, candidates can not only work in Canada but also migrate with his/her family members.
Benefits of Federal Skilled Worker Program
The FSWP is designed to open wider opportunities to immigrant workers. FSWP has been a highly-appreciated and successful Express Entry system to date. With this program, the Canadian government target to approve the applications of 110,000 immigrants every year
According to the stats, candidates immigrating with FSWP programs have the most fortunate and successful careers in Canada. While other skilled worker programs need more processing time, through FSWP, permanent residency status can be obtained in just under six months
Minimum eligibility for Federal Skilled Worker Program
Wondering if you are going to get approval through the FSWP? These points are mandatory:
- Candidates are primarily required to score at least 67 points out of the 100-point grid that exists
- Applicants are required to show a minimum of a year of continuous full-time or part-time work experience that they have done in the last 10 years. It has to be listed under the National Occupational Classification of skill level 0, A, or B
- Report of Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) and foreign credential or Canadian educational credential
- Proof of language proficiency in either English or French has to be provided for Express Entry eligibility. IELTS results are valid as proof of language proficiency. At least 7 levels must be scored in all the required categories like writing, speaking, listening, and even reading
- Valid passport and identification documents need to be verified
- Enough financial resources to be demonstrated for supporting self and accompanying family members.
Details about the Process of Permanent Residency for FSWP
- An Express Entry profile has to be created and an expression of interest to be submitted for becoming eligible for Permanent Residency.
- The application will be assessed using the Comprehensive Ranking System by the Express Entry System
- Express Entry profile needs to have information of Educational Credentials Assessment, Language Proficiency Test Results, Identification documents. There are only 5 organizations that are qualified for evaluation and provide an ECA.
- The Express Entry profile has to be submitted to the website of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- An Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residency will be provided by the IRCC after the Express Entry draw, which usually takes place once every two weeks
- Valid passport along with necessary documents must be provided
We accompany you from the beginning of the journey to the end for assuring seamless execution of your process.
No Hidden Charges applied.
Your one trusted partner for immigration.
Immiquest guarantees 100% support and 24*7 assistance with your immigration-related queries.
Canada Express Entry Programs
British Columbia, Canada