Family Sponsorship


Canadian citizens and permanent residents may bring their parents and grandparents to Canada through one of two popular programs: Family Class sponsorship and/or the Super Visa program.

Family Sponsorship

One of the best countries in the world not only for immigrating but also for living, working, and even raising a family, Canada is currently among the top and trending destinations for migrants.

With an interesting business environment and some of the best colleges and universities in the world, living and working in Canada is definitely amazing.

 Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada along with the federal government have designed immigration programs that help the immediate family members of the primary applicant to relocate along with them.

The sponsorship immigration programs offer immigration pathways not only for spouses and children but also for parents and grandparents. Under the Family Class of Immigration, the sponsor and the sponsored person can settle in Canada and earn Canadian permanent residency status.


Which candidates are eligible for Family Sponsorship?

Any Permanent Resident or Citizen of Canada can bring their immediate family members through the Family Sponsorship program. Following are the relationships that are eligible for sponsorship.

  • Spouse/Common-law partner/Conjugal partner: If you have a legally married partner or you are living together for at least 12 months in a row or have been in a relationship together for at least 12 months are eligible for the Family Sponsorship. Same-sex relationships are also allowed for this immigration.
  • Dependent children: Applicants can sponsor their unmarried child who is less than 22 years old for immigration to Canada.
  • Parents and Grandparents: Candidates can sponsor the immigration of their parents or grandparents through Family Sponsorship.

Types of Family Immigration Sponsorships:-

Spousal Sponsorship: There are two options of immigration available under the Spousal Sponsorship. When the partner is residing inside Canada, one can avail of the Inland Spousal Sponsorship. Otherwise, if the partner is living in a foreign country overseas, there is the option of Overseas Spousal Sponsorship.

With this immigration program, applicants can sponsor the immigration of their spouse or common-law partner.

Dependent Child Sponsorship: An interesting category under the Family Sponsorship Program, through the dependent child sponsorship, applicants can help the migration of their dependent child under the age of 22.

Children with special needs or physical or mental disabilities are eligible for the sponsorship even if they are over the age of 22. Candidates are required to demonstrate proof of funds and at least meet the Minimum Necessary Income (MNI) level. Documents to prove the relationship is required too, like a birth certificate or adoption papers.

Parent and Grandparents Sponsorship: This category allows applicants to sponsor the immigration of their parents and grandparents. In this Family Sponsorship Program, there are limitations when one cannot be a sponsor for parents or grandparents.

If the candidate is bankrupt, sentenced to crime, is in prison, or couldn’t pay child support or alimony, he/she is not eligible to be a sponsor.

Proof of minimum income has to be demonstrated and the sponsor is required to give financial support to their parents or grandparents.

Satisfaction Guaranteed

Your one trusted partner for immigration.

Immiquest guarantees 100% support and 24*7 assistance with your immigration-related queries.

We accompany you from the beginning of the journey to the end for assuring seamless execution of your process.

No Hidden Charges applied.

Head Office

Unit 204A, 10190 152A Street, Surrey BC, Canada V3R 1J7

Call Us

(+1) 778-855-4155

(+1) 604-817-0725