Post Graduate Work Permit
International Students can apply for PGWP after their studies
Work Permit Inside Canada
International students who are graduating from a Canadian post-secondary institution or a designated learning institution in Canada is eligible to earn Canadian work experience through the Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP). Through this program, international graduates can apply for an open work permit in Canada.
Students who are eligible for the PGWP do not need a Labour Market Impact Assessment to be submitted.
Requirements for the PGWP
International graduates need to meet these eligibility requirements for a PGWP:-
- The candidate must be 18 years or older at the time of applying.
- Participated and finished a full-time study program in Canada which ran for at least 8 months.
- Have applied for PGWP within 180 days of completing graduation.
- Applicants already have a valid temporary residence status at the time of applying for a PGWP.
For international students who do not have a temporary residence, visas can still work full-time with a valid study permit. However, they need to apply for the temporary residence status before applying for PGWP.
Find out if you are eligible for a PGWP:-
In order to be eligible for the PGWP, students are required to meet these eligibility criteria:-
- Candidates must have completed education from a post-secondary school or technical university.
- Was enrolled in a private school having the same regulations as a public school in Canada.
- Have studied in a private institute that is authorized by the provincial government to issue degrees.
International students are ineligible to apply if they:
- Have previously been issued a post-graduation work permit
- Received funding from Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- Participated in the Government of Canada Awards Program funded by GAC
- Obtained the Equal Opportunity Scholarship, Canada–Chile
- Participated in the Canada–China Scholars’ Exchange Program
- Participated in the Organization of American States Fellowships Program
- Completed the majority of the credits toward the completion of their program of study by distance learning
- Completed a program of study delivered by a non-Canadian institution located in Canada, regardless of the length of stay in Canada.
Your one trusted partner for immigration.
Immiquest guarantees 100% support and 24*7 assistance with your immigration-related queries.
We accompany you from the beginning of the journey to the end for assuring seamless execution of your process.
No Hidden Charges applied.
Unit 204A, 10190 152A Street, Surrey BC, Canada V3R 1J7